In the interest of getting my blog caught up, here is a list of movies I can remember seeing for the first time (and probably only time ever) in the past few months:
Here's What Happened: Robert DeNiro plays a movie producer ... producing. It's literally what happened in a week of his life. Or something like that. I like weird movies. And I think I liked it better than anyone else I watched it with. And I'm recommending that you NOT watch it. It's just not good. And if there's supposed to be some interesting insight into life in it, there are other movies that have done it a lot better.
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Veggietales works best in short story formats that are interspersed with silly songs. They shouldn't mess with that. And they shouldn't make ANYTHING without Junior Asparagus. Cuz when they do I just get sleepy.
A Good Year: This is a chick flick. It just has a guy as a main character instead of a girl and a little bit less pink. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's fairly well done. It just amuses me when my husband and his guy friends are the ones recommending it.
Sex Drive: Speaking of my husband's guy friends ... this is the travesty that was brought into my house by all of his unmarried ones. Fortunately they at least have the sense to watch the rated R side of the DVD instead of the unrated side. Unfortunately we don't have the sense to throw people out when they bring a sex comedy in. Lucky for them a large portion of the movie went away from what the title would imply and starred Seth Green as a rather hilarious Amish guy. Considering where we live, that was a pretty big redeeming quality.
I so need girl friends who live up here.
Anyway, on with the reviews ...
Spy Game: Brad Pitt may be annoying in the magazines that line the grocery check out aisles but I don't think he's ever ruined a movie, especially when it costars Robert Redford and is an intelligent and unique spy movie. I think I'll need to watch it again to pick up every detail, but I won't mind a bit. This was an enjoyable and intriguing movie.
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed: Documentary by Ben Stein about the division in the scientific community banning the idea of Intelligent Design and those who even suggest it as a remote possibility. Very very very interesting. No way I can go into all the things I would love to discuss on this subject in a blurb. Except to say that Richard Dawkins has gone from scientist to professional Atheist and I think he believes in evolution more for his sake as a celebrity than for any other reason.
Nobel Son: Ah, now this was an interesting movie. The kind with so many plot twists it might as well be a slinky. Seriously. It ends so very far from where it begins. Yet the road it takes to get there is very fluid and pulls you along. And includes serious conversations about cannibalism. To tell you more would ruin it. All we knew going in was that it had Alan Rickman, Eliza Dushku, Bill Pullman, and Danny DeVito in it and it was weird. *shrug* That was enough for us and we enjoyed it.
Wednesday, April 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment