"I know not how it is, but this lamp on the post worketh upon me strangely. ..."

Wednesday, March 12

Day

Today was my day off. I say "was" instead of "is" seeing as how if I had been at work I'd be home by now. I slept in till nine o'clock, and then got up and got ready to do some errands. Primarily to get my hair cut, cuz it was looking scraggly and had been driving me crazy. Example, new hair-cut:

Hmm... Not entirely sure you can really see the haircut all that well. Anyway. It looks cute in real life, and I guess this means I'll have to get used to using less shampoo and conditioner again.

After the hair-cut, I proceeded to Wal-Mart to buy a few more seed packets (more about this later) and then accross the street to Panera, where I had a breakfast of a bagel, pastry, and hot chocolate (oh yeah, I am soooo on a diet. Uh huh. Really.) I read a bit of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe while I was there.

I then went to visit Nick's Gramma, and spent a couple of hours sitting and chatting with her. Which was very nice. I wish my grandma and pa-pa lived closer to me.
And then I went home and I planted my seeds. My sweet wonderful and handsome husband surprised me yesterday by buying me a little miniature greenhouse and some seeds, so that I could start planting an herb garden.


There is really no good way to take a picture of it right now, but once they start growing I'll be sure to get pics. So hopefully by summer I will have parsley, cilantro/coriander, dill, lavender, peppermint, oregano, sage, basil, chives, and thyme. I'm very excited!

And here is our snake looking cute:

3 comments:

erin richardson said...

That was always the hardest part for me after getting my hair cut significantly: getting used to using less shampoo. Some things never change. At any rate, I approve. :-) BUT. This photograph of you leads me to two very IMPORTANT, very PRESSING questions.

#1: What on earth is that behind you?

#2: What does your shirt say?

I must know, or I shall perish.

Beth said...

my shirt says "i solemnly swear that i am up to no good"

the thing behind me is a Rurouni Kenshin anime wall-hanging. I'll take a picture and post it when i have more energy and am not about to go to bed. Glad you like the hair :)

erin richardson said...

Hey my quiet friend -- Hewy has a blog about chic lit now! She's encouraging comments. I link to it on my blog if you want to join in the literary debate. :-) And how ARE YOU??