I started The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe again this morning. It's not a hard and fast rule, but generally I reread certain books at certain times of year. I tend to read Villains by Necessity in the late summer/early fall and I always start the Chronicles of Narnia again at the end of winter. It's the time when all the world and my spirit need renewing after a long time trapped under the cold and dark. Of course the Narnia stories properly begin with LWW, (Don't believe the new editions that start with Magician's Nephew. They're wrong.) and LWW is the perfect book for going from winter to spring. Plus it starts to get me ready for Easter. Remember Aslan saying that he has let us come to know him a little there, so that we might come to know Him better there.
I'm not sure what this will mean for my little book reviews yet. They are all wonderful, and I've already read them, and if you will recall I told you all when I started this blog that if you hadn't read them to go away and do that now.
I meant that, by the way. If you still haven't read them then go find copies right now. I have some that I'll lend you. Watching the movies doesn't count either. The only time watching the movie could conceivably replace reading the book is with The Princess Bride and that is a very special circumstance that we'll go into at another time.
Have you gone to start reading the books yet? Did we root all the non-Narnians out?
Very well then. Let us continue on the journey.
Sunday, March 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every time I think of the Chronicles of Narnia, I think about the shrinky dink that you made for me and how long I treasured it. It's where it belongs now, though.
Post a Comment