White Night
Jim Butcher
I know I said the next book I was going to read was called Book of Secrets or something like that (actually it's called Valley of Secrets), and I did start to read that book. I'm about a third of the way through it. But over the weekend Nick and I had the rare opportunity to visit both Half-price books and Barnes and Noble while we were down visiting my parents. So we were able to get the newest Dresden book in paperback.
I started White Night right away, partially becaue I've been waiting only semi-patiently for it, and I'm already impatient for the next book in the series (Small Favor). The primary reason being that if I didn't start reading it quickly and finish it quickly too, then Nick was going to steal it from me. Also Valley of Secrets was kind of boring thus far.
White Night is the ninth book in The Dresden Files, a series of highly entertaining novels about Harry Dresden. He's a professional Wizard Private Investigator. Really. Look him up in the Chicago phone book under wizards. He's the only one listed.
The world Harry inhabits is part classic film noir, part quirky fantasy, part complex plot and character development, and part wiseass comments that pay homage to every movie and book ever worth reading or watching. I love a book that will happily quote Monty Python and a vampire character who wears Buffy the Vampire Slayer t-shirts. When I want to smile, these are good books to turn to.
Friday, February 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting!
Post a Comment