or: How to Make a Painting
Six P.M. Saturday night: White canvas. Which is just white, so I didn't take a picture.
Six fifteen: Basic yellow background applied with palette knife.
Around seven friends started coming over, so I stopped keeping track since I was going back and forth between hanging and painting.
The next morning I took a few minutes to add the leaves on, so that they would go over top of the paint that was already there, and wouldn't blur in. Total painting time (not including the decades of getting the canvas itself ready): four hours. An hour and a half or so later we were on our way to deliver the painting to it's final destination: my parent's kitchen!
And this is the painting in my dining room that I based it on. This one was done in school on gessoed paper, and i kind of like the way I attached it to the wall with brass thumbtacks.
4 comments:
Awesome. And it looks fabulous with the colors in their kitchen. But you had that one planned.... Way cool.
merci beaucoup! or however you spell it....
You spelled it right, je pense.
I can't keep looking at those pictures ... now I want one!!!
well if you are a very very good erin, and if i suddenly end up with way more time than i have right now, perhaps you shall get one :)
Post a Comment