"I know not how it is, but this lamp on the post worketh upon me strangely. ..."

Sunday, February 24

Last Day




Friday the fifteenth was my last day working at Bob Evans. Very sad for a lot of reasons. Very good for a lot of others. Lookie what they gave me though! Aren't they pretty? (The picture is slightly blurred because it was dark in the room, but when i used flash the colors weren't right.) My flowers and card made me feel rather loved. And I'll miss working with a lot of the people there.


Of course the only reason I quit Bob's is because I had been offered a different job that was out of the restaurant business. I hadn't been looking for another job, but if one popped up that would pay better money, have better hours, and leave out the food smell I was going to take it. And one did, at the branch of National City bank in my town. So the tellers at my branch suggested I apply, and after a rather odd application process I was hired.






Now comes the fun part, and the reason why I haven't been posting at all this past week. I need a lot of training for this job (obviously - dealing with all sorts of transactions of people's money, and people are pretty picky about that sort of thing!). But I have to drive two hours away and back on a regular basis to get there. And I have to be at training at 8:30 in the morning. Which means getting up at 5:30. And then getting home late and having to go to bed early to be able to make it through the drive the next day. So I've been a bit exhausted. This weekend has been rejuvenating though (except for the part where Rumpels now thinks we are supposed to get up at six all the time! especially on saturday mornings and sunday morning when we can sleep in a bit. grr... stupid cat.) I should finish my training on Monday. So hopefully Tuesday I'll be starting work at my actual branch. I think it will be fun once I get the hang of it though.


1 comment:

erin richardson said...

Ooooh, pretty flowers! The pictures have a sort of eerie quality to them though ...