"I know not how it is, but this lamp on the post worketh upon me strangely. ..."

Sunday, June 15

Villains

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune - often the surfeit of our own behavior - we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars; as if we were villains by necessity, fools by heavenly compulsion, knaves, theives, and treachers by spherical predominance, drunkards, liars, and adulturers by an enforced obedience of planetary influence."

William Shakespeare
King Lear

So take a wild guess what book I just finished rereading. ... For the twelfth time...

And in the spirit of that, here is an illustration I did of a scene from about the middle of that book. I actually managed to squeeze it into an assignment for my illustration class in college. I started a second one, just for fun, from the pixy-clover wine scene but as of yet it hasn't been completed. Someday.

2 comments:

Sweet & Sassy said...

EEEE! VILLAINS!!!

I didn't know you'd finished it!?! That drawing, that is. Last I saw it was still a sketch.

Beth said...

Oh really? Well, I worked on it till the very last minute obsessing over every little detail, and now i look at it and i think about how i'd like to add a bit more tone to some areas... ah well. I'll have to finish the other one sometime a bit sooner then, so you can see that one too :)