There is a new website that I am rather excited about for a variety of reasons. It's called The Art Pal and it's a site that Molly McLoughlin started recently to help people like me make some money off of artwork. For me, this is awesome, because I have a lot of old student work that I would never sell through my own business when I start it up, and I would never really want it in any current portfolio, and I wouldn't hang it up anywhere. But that doesn't mean it might not be perfect for someone else's wall. I only have a few pictures on my page so far, but tomorrow is my day off, so hopefully I'll be able to get a few more up there soon. I have some etchings in particular that I have duplicates of that I'd like to sell.
And if you or anyone else you know would be interested in joining to display art, great!
(Another big plus is that it puts me back in contact with Molly :) You rock, Molly! )
Another cool artsy thing from today is the first two issues of The Artist's Magazine that appeared in my mailbox. Hopefully they'll help give me more ideas and spur me on towards having my own viable business. What can I say? I really want to get out of the banking world!
Tuesday, February 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment