"I know not how it is, but this lamp on the post worketh upon me strangely. ..."

Thursday, November 13

Parrots

I've been working on these off and on for a while, and now (yay and thank goodness) I am declaring them finished. They are for my sister-in-law's wedding. She's marrying someone with the last name of parrot. This is the first of many studio projects that I hope to finish before the end of the year - before christmas for many of them - and I am posting the pictures here so that I can keep up the momentum. These are being declared DONE, but constructive criticism is always welcome to build upon for future projects. I sat through college art crits, I can take it :)




4 comments:

Sweet & Sassy said...

I love the birds. The only thing I have much of a problem with is the heart behind them. Not sure why, but it seems like a last minute addition that you threw together. I know that isn't the case, but that's the only thing that I'm a little iffy on. But the birdies are downright gorgeous!

Sweet & Sassy said...

And why has my sn changed!?

Beth said...

that's what i was wondering... Who on earth is the historian?, I thought...

Beth said...

oh, and in regards to the heart - i kind of feel the same way. The orignal design they asked for was two parrots kissing beaks in the shape of a heart, but certain anatomical qualities of parrots made that impossible to do in a fashion that looked realistic. I tried to find a natural parrot pose that resembled a heart, but at the heart in to compromise and make sure people "got it," so to speak.